S-K claims responsibility for mosque attack in Kunduz province.

504

IS-K claims responsibility for mosque attack in Kunduz province.

https://twitter.com/MuslimShirzad/status/1446509333022482450?s=20

Bomb kills at least 100 at Shia mosque in Afghanistan’s Kunduz

An apparent bomb attack on worshippers at a Shia mosque in the Afghan city of Kunduz killed at least 100 people on Friday, in the bloodiest assault since US forces left the country.

Scores more victims from the minority community were injured in the blast, which has not been claimed but appears designed to further destabilise Afghanistan in the wake of the Taliban takeover.

A medical source at the Kunduz Provincial Hospital said that 35 dead and more than 50 injured had been taken there, while a worker at a Doctors Without Borders hospital reported 15 dead and scores more wounded.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid had earlier said an unknown number of people had been killed and injured when “an explosion took place in a mosque of our Shiite compatriots” in Kunduz.